Coding with Sphero Robots
Students practice their coding skills using Sphero robots. Using the Sphero Edu app on iPads student wrote Blockly codes to make their Sphero robots go through a maze. Why are elementary students taking time to learn about coding?
- It empowers students. The ability to communicate with machines is probably the closest thing to superpowers that can be taught.
- Games and apps with visual programming languages teach programming logic and concepts before kids can read.
- Diverse early-learning benefits kids. Learning to wrive programs stretches your mind and helps you think better, creates a way of thinking about things that is helpful in all domains.
- Helps students to become fluent with technology.
- WE NEED MORE PROGRAMMERS! Over the next 10 years programming will be one of the fasted growing occupations.